The County has posted rules for use of the dog park at the entrance gates and elsewhere within the park, please take the time to become familiar with them. It is perfectly acceptable to politely point out the rules to a visitor who is not following them, since they were put in place to keep the park a safe and fun place to visit. Also, please check out the How To Use The Dog Park section for tips on how to make your visit safe and enjoyable.
Suffolk County Dog Park Rules
- Dog owners are responsible for their dog’s behavior.
- Dog owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Dogs using the facility must be licensed and vaccinated.
- Leash dogs to enter and leave dog run area.
- Dogs must be under owner’s control.
- Owners must be present within the fenced area with their dogs at all times.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- Dog owners must prohibit digging, and fill in any holes dug by their dogs.
- Dogs are encouraged to wear a collar and ID, but no prong or choke collars allowed as they can be dangerous when playing.
- Children under the age of 12 must be closely supervised by an adult and those supervising adults assume all risk and liability when entering the dog park.
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed from the park immediately.
- Dogs with a history of aggression are not permitted.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed. It is strongly recommended that dogs using the facility be spayed or neutered.
- Violators are subject to removal from the park and suspension of park privileges.